With more than seven billion mobile devices in the world andcyber-threats at an all-time high, demand has surged for simple and secure ways to sign andmanage documents on smartphones and tablets. At the same time, new electronic signatureregulations, like eIDAS in the European Union, have paved the way for electronic signatures tobe adopted globally. Building on the work of the Cloud Signature Consortium, announced last June, Adobe has unveiled the first cloud-based digital signatures built on an open standard. Adobe Document Cloud and Adobe Sign will enable digital signatures, the most advanced and securetype of electronic signatures used for things like healthcare forms or mortgage applications, in anybrowser or on any mobile device. The Adobe Sign preview release will be available to customers in the coming weeks.
“Open standards propel entire industries forward, allowing interoperability between otherwisefragmented solutions, and paving the way for widespread adoption,” said Bryan Lamkin,executive vice president and general manager of Digital Media, Adobe. “Adobe pioneereddigital signatures. And as the creator and champion of standards like PDF, we are proud tohave once again rallied the industry to develop a new, open standard for digital signatures in thecloud, ensuring a great customer experience.”
In addition, Adobe today unveiled new functionality in Adobe Sign that enables users to create end-to-end business workflows that go beyond signing and approvals. Adobe Sign now streamlines the flow of documents and tasks across entire teams with solutions that are mobile, customizable and easy-to-use. And, Adobe Sign works where you do, integrating with the systems, processes,and applications you already use today. Now anyone can quickly and easily convert paper todigital with a smartphone ‘scan’, route documents for collaboration or certified electronic delivery,and connect into popular systems like Microsoft SharePoint.
Added Mobility for Signing, Powered by Adobe Sensei:
• Mobile scan and sign – Signing and returning printed documents is a notoriously time-consuming task. Now, using the Adobe Sign mobile app, quickly scan printed pages andsend for signature or sign from your smartphone or tablet, wherever you are. Get abrilliantly clear PDF document that’s automatically cropped, corrected and ready-to-signwith crisp text that anyone can read, all powered by advanced image processing in AdobeSensei, a set of intelligent services that leverage machine learning, artificial intelligence(AI) and deep learning capabilities.
• Mobile reading and reflow – Reading long documents on a small mobile screen canbe frustrating. Now, the Adobe Sign mobile app on iOS lets you pinch or double-tap tochange text size and reflow with five different zoom levels. Easily read every wordfrom top to bottom, sign the agreement, and get on with your day.
• Mobile tracking at-a-glance – Add the new tracking widget to your smartphone ortablet, and you can track and manage signatures in real-time from your home screen, without opening the Adobe Sign mobile app. Your most important tasks are now right atyour fingertips, helping you get more done in less time.
New Capabilities that Streamline Document Processes Across Teams:
• Advanced document routing – Go beyond signing and approvals with advanced document routing. Now, you can ask recipients to fill out a simple form that doesn'tneed a signature, like a facilities request at work or a patient intake form at the doctor. Notify recipients about important terms and conditions or policy updates. Or send for 'certified delivery' when you need clear proof that your recipient both viewed andacknowledged a document such as a legal notification or change of terms (available within 30 days).
• Complete online processes – Completing complex workflows, like new bank accountenrollment, loan applications or managing HR benefits, often requires many steps andmany people to get the job done. With Adobe Sign, you can now kick off and managethese processes digitally from start to finish. Automatically generate, send and routespecific documents for each unique situation and keep track of everything with a customdashboard that gives you real-time visibility along the way.
• Work directly within SharePoint – Adobe Sign now helps Microsoft SharePoint’s 160 million users automate their signing processes. Add Adobe Sign to SharePointWorkflows for a stand-out digital experience that makes it easy to request signaturesfrom others, track your progress, and archive documents securely – without ever leavingSharePoint.
“With so many of today’s critical business processes moving to cloud based solutions, it’simperative that people trust the information they are interacting with,” said Alan Lepofsky, VPand Principal Analyst at Constellation Research. “Digital signatures play a vital role in that trust,but for them to be successful they must be a frictionless part of the process. Building signatureson an open standard that works across browsers and mobile devices creates the seamlessexperience that people expect.”