Cancer being one of the last bastions of healthcare, Oncology—which is concerned with the diagnosis of cancer, therapy, follow-up of cancer patients after treatment and palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies—is bound to be one of the areas that we can concentrate on.
Today, many people suffer from healthcare diseases, so cardiology is also an important growth area. Cardiology deals with disorders of the heart and includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease and electrophysiology.
Another area is endocrinology, a branch of biology and medicine dealing with the endocrine system, its diseases, and its secretions known as hormones. The endocrine system consists of several glands, all in different parts of the body, which secrete hormones directly into the blood rather than into a duct system.
- Cloud services go mainstream in healthcare
- How the Internet of Things is changing healthcare and transportation
- How predictive analytics will revolutionize healthcare
- Use HIPAA to safeguard that cloud app
- The creepiness factor in healthcare data analytics
- Dr. Devi Shetty: All Indians will Have Access to High-tech Healthcare Within a Decade